Jeep Wrangler JK Towing Capacity
There’s a lot to love about the Jeep Wrangler JK, including its stellar off-road performance and array of exciting technology features. One of its greatest attributes, however, is its outstanding towing capacity.
Drivers in Brockton, Randolph, and Stoughton can find out more about the Jeep Wrangler JK towing capacity, features, and safety with our in-depth towing review. If you have any questions, reach out to the team at Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram 24!
The Wrangler JK comes equipped with a powerful and efficient 3.6L V6 engine that produces 285 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque, which helps it achieve a substantial towing capacity. The V6 engine pairs to either a 5-speed automatic transmission or a 6-speed manual transmission.
Designed as an off-roader, the Wrangler JK utilizes an advanced 4-wheel-drive system that can tackle any terrain to ensure a steady ride. When properly equipped, the Wrangler JK can tow up to 3,500 pounds.
As you’re towing a heavy load, whether it’s a small boat or camper, you want to ensure that your Wrangler JK remains steady and stable. To help the Wrangler JK maintain its stability, it comes equipped with a range of advanced safety systems, including:
- Electronic Stability Control: By automatically applying the brakes and/or reducing the engine torque when needed, ESC will help the Wrangler JK maintain constant control.
- Trailer Sway Control: This helpful feature will detect any trailer sway. By doing so, it can engage the brakes to slow down the vehicle, as well as increase brake force to help counteract the sway from the trailer.
- Antilock Brake System: To ensure control on dry or slippery surfaces, this system monitors wheel speeds and individually applies braking to each wheel.
- Command-Trac® Shift-on-the-Fly Part-Time 4WD System: Coming as a standard feature, this 4WD system has a low range for rock crawling and neutral for flat towing. When you come across slick terrain, switch into four-wheel-drive to increase the Wrangler JK’s traction.
Along with its array of towing and safety systems, the Wrangler JK also has many convenient features to keep your rides as comforting as they are safe.
To stay informed about your Wrangler JK, simply glance at the premium instrument cluster, which includes a speedometer, tachometer, odometer/trip odometer display, and many other useful features. If you need to charge up your smartphone or other electronic device, then plug it into the 115-volt power outlet.
During your off-roading adventures, your Jeep Wrangler JK may become a bit messy, especially if you have the top off. Luckily, each model has a durable and washable interior with drain plugs, so you can easily clean up any dirt or mud before heading home.
Other available features include:
- Uconnect® infotainment system with Navigation
- Uconnect® Voice Command with Bluetooth®
- 9-speaker Alpine® Premium Sound System
- SiriusXM® Satellite Radio
- Heated front seats
Explore Jeep Wrangler JK Towing Capacity
If you’re looking for a tough recreational vehicle that can handle all your adventures, the Jeep Wrangler JK is the ideal vehicle for you. Whether you want to hit the trails, cruise the backroads, or haul your boat or camper to the campsite, the Jeep Wrangler JK has the capability you need.
Drivers in Brockton, Randolph, and Stoughton can experience the Jeep Wrangler JK towing capacity firsthand when they visit Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram 24. Call or stop by our Jeep dealership today to learn more about the Jeep Wrangler JK and schedule your test drive!